Thursday, March 15, 2007

Dook



I would not normally make fun of elderly men passing out. But, you set yourself up for being mocked when you make an American Express commercial with the following lines: ""I am a leader who happens to coach basketball. When they get out into the workplace, they're armed with not just a jump shot or a dribble. I want you armed for life. I want you to develop as a player. I want you to develop as a student, and I want you to develop as a human being. My life isn't about playing games. That's why my card is American Express."

I want a 6-foot-7, 150-pound freshman guarding Virginia Commonwealth's best player on the final possession. I want Josh McRoberts to look like Ollie from Hoosiers when he steps to the line to try and tie the game. I want to ruin the bottom half of your West bracket. I want to watch all but the first day of the NCAA Tournament from my house. I want to underachieve. That's why my card is American Express.

Also,

Thank you seniors. Clap-clap-clap-clap-clap.

Coming up: If anything else huge happens, I'll be back over the weekend. If not, expect a recap Monday.

No comments: